A Consent to Disclose form is standard documentation to uphold your confidentiality and privacy.
Our professional code of ethics, under the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, clearly defines that all information you share with your therapist is confidential and will not be communicated, directly or indirectly, to anyone without your informed and written consent. Verbal consent, or written communication through an email, is not enough to provide consent to disclose. We will require a completed form for accurate documentation.
A Consent to Disclose Information form can be voluntarily completed by you, should you wish to release any information related to your therapy sessions with us here at Shift. You are able to refuse to sign the consent form, and/or place limitations on what is to be shared.
Here are some instances in which we will require a Consent to Disclose Information Form:
- Confirming and/or denying you are receiving services at our clinic
- Releasing information such as chart notes to anyone other than you
- Having another individual pay for your sessions, and/or receive the receipt
- Having another individual manage your session bookings (i.e., booking, canceling, etc.)
- Verifying your sessions with your Insurance provider
Here is a quick video walkthrough of how you can accurately complete a Consent to Disclose Form:
If you require a Consent Form, or need any support, don’t hesitate to drop our Care team a line at email@example.com. We are more than happy to support you!